thejedimasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novotnus reports and sugestions

2 posters

Go down

Novotnus reports and sugestions Empty Novotnus reports and sugestions

Post  Darth Novotnus Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:02 pm

First of all, I want to congratulate you the great mod. I belive after bugfixing and upgreating it will be one of the best mods for KOTOR ever. I'm just after Etti IV and Ninilus resurrection. Here comes some bugs and suggestions, if this may help making TJM better:
- Lipsynch - some characters doesn't move their mouths while speaking. Happenes mostly with Twi'leks (prolog, female in Etti Cantina). If you want to, I can play the mod again and note all those characters for you after I finish the game for pleasure ; )
- Voices - some aliens doesn't have voiced lines (Wookie and Selkar in Prolog)
- It's not really a bug, but some NPCs don't have any line. When you click them, they just turn around, but nothing happenes (Jawas, Etti citizens; Jawas speak their own language, so they can say something loudly and it would be nice just to record one line for citizens). Giving them just one line to tell while clicked would be nice.
- Headless figures in Freedon Nadd tomb confronting the Screamer - I just didn't understand this scene...
- Spelling mistakes - happenes. Sometimes in spelling words, sometimes wrongly inserted space. Will need a lot of testing to correct.
- Infinite LS points - you can give the antidote to Plague Victims over and over again, every time gaining LS points.
- Walking away during conversation - during conversation with Freedon Nadd and later in the Company office the Doctor walks away instead of standing close to the person he\she is talking to.
- Camera - sometimes camera is a pain in the butt. For example while shapeshifter was fighting rakghuls camera was inside rancor and I didn't see anything.
I'll report more bugs when I find them. If you have any suggestions what to look for or what to note, just let me know.

Last edited by Darth Novotnus on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Novotnus reports and sugestions Empty Few more

Post  Darth Novotnus Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Another few bugs:
1. Infinite XP - while talking to Tsig about her past with Czerka (third conversation) you can ask her as many times as you want and every time you get 1000XP.
2. Block - I get myself a Lolma as a Padawan (single saber). There are some problems about her:
- She speaks male voice.
- During my trening on Korriban Doctor was present. Dialogs suggest that Lolma was supposed to be alone in the Academy.
- When Freedon Nadd said she's going to face herself, Thassk appeared instead.
- She was always in my party (even on the ship). She went with me to look for Revan (it was me, Lolma and Bastila). Then Lolma went with us on the True Sith ship instead Revan. That crashed conversation with Kannos - he said "Come, doctor" and the conversation finished without fight. (I used KSE to replace Lolma with Revan and that helped).
3. On Telos Village (Sith camp) you can walk through some parts of the map like hills or metal trash laying around.
4. Dying rakghuls sound like they were made of metal.

[constructive criticism]:
1. A piece of cheese and pink blob on posters on Etti are such... no-Star Wars...
2. Assassin talking about Harry Potter is no-Star Wars as well.
3. I would really love this mod to have more dialogs and more subquests. Story is great, and I think it needs to be more exposed. Who are the Screamers? Why nobody's interested in their orgin? Why do we know so little about the plague? Why Kreia remembers her past, if she's just a clone? Why my pary members don't ant to talk with each other? And, c'mon, it's war, a rough time! Why nobody wants me to do anything? I regret, but my modding skills are... well, I don't know anything about my modding skills, becouse I never tried. But if you need ideas or dialogs - I can try to help.

Delight:
- I love tainted Kryats.
- M4 reskin is great!
- "Droid in love" quest was really funny.
- Story is better than I imagined.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Novotnus reports and sugestions Empty Re: Novotnus reports and sugestions

Post  Darth Novotnus Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:03 pm

And some more...
- When leaving Aqualish shop, you are moved to the exit of Market Street (one leading to landing pad).
- Problem occured during Supreme Chancellor quest (great one, by the way). After defeating HK-1000 Chancellor appeared, but when I said he has to answer some question, I got teleported to the landing pad without conversation. Reload helped.
- During final sequence, when a cutscene was supposed to be played, i often get a black screen with cursor. Restarting game and loading autosave helped.

Cutscenes during the final sequence are brilliant!
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 am

Some more bugs:
- Revan's planet, Coruscant Main Street and Coruscant Market Street misses maps.
- Points on the maps are from TSL and don't fit TJM locations.
- In the Ruins there is a pass to other location (Onderon square with cantina in oryginal TSL) but it's impossible to go there. Would be nice to put a wall there.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Trex Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Darth Novotnus wrote:Some more bugs:

- In the Ruins there is a pass to other location (Onderon square with cantina in oryginal TSL) but it's impossible to go there. Would be nice to put a wall there.

Do you mean that you can see the trigger (words come up saying that you can travel to a different area)?
Trex
Trex
Admin

https://thejedimastersmod.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Admin wrote:
Do you mean that you can see the trigger (words come up saying that you can travel to a different area)?

No, that's not what I ment - this just looks like invisible wall: you can see part of the world but in one point (where the module ends) you can't move forward. Doesn't affect gameplay, bud doesn't look nice : ) Making a wall or some other baricade would look better.
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Just a minor thing: while loading a module you can read hints from TSL - most of them doesn't fit to TJM (specific locations, journat which doesn't exist in TJM)
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Novotnus Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Just a few more bugs:
- I had Rimi as an appirientice. In the character selection screen she was... well, like standing in water to her knees. She was just placed to low.
- A bith in Czerka office gives you the data and he's supposed to escape, but he just runs in one placeand dissappears.
- It's not really a bug. It's about space with all those planets and galacitcs on cutscenes. It's too... full of everything. I don't think there are so many galactics visible from the one far, far away. Don't you think it would look better with more empty space?
Darth Novotnus
Darth Novotnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum